Help New computer, having problems with the board.

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by roughbarked, Sep 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    I am prone to block a lot of scripts. So it is probably me but I previously had no problems with the functions of the board.
    I've made posts and they don't show up on recent or new posts and if I go back to a thread I have already posted in, the replies don't show. Not just my post but all the replies don't show.

May I please be informed of which scripts are important to these functions?

It may need to be in a PM if I cannot see replies in this thread.

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You should enable JavaScript for this site if you have JavaScript disabled at all. The software is a commercial product from a reputable English company. I do not know which scripts if any you may be having problems with and there is not way I can debug it even if I had the skill to do so.

Sorry you are having problems. If there is a public facility nearby with workstations available, you might try logging on with one of those and trying to duplicate what you did. If you cannot duplicate it, that will help to isolate it to your particular machine.

3. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    That was the weird thing. I had enabled NAWCC.

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    NAWCC will not necessarily work. Our name services are set up so that the subdomains of NAWCC have separate ip addresses and are often treated as separate domains. The NAWCC top level domain is primarily there for branding and logical structure. You might try adding NAWCC Message Board to the exempted domains.