New Clock Identification

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by kswani1, Aug 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kswani1

kswani1 New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I have recently acquired a Ridgeway grandfather clock. We love it! I am not sure what is the model/year of the clock? I was wondering if someone could provide some insights.

I have attached pics of the clock and the label at the back.

thanks,
    ks

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    KS,

Welcome to the board.

I am a bit surprised that no one has responded yet, so let's bump this to the top.

Some one more knowledgeable than I in Ridgeways should be along to assist.

Regards.

3. kswani1

kswani1 New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Thank you. I appreciate your help.

4. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    KS,

I researched this clock on our forum and also on the Ridgeway web site and this is what I found.

We have approximately 15 pages of postings on Ridgeway clocks on this board. Although I could not look at each posting, I looked at the postings that appeared to be on point to your question. From those postings, I have ascertained that your Ridgeway's model number is 9160 (see the sticker on the back of your clock). I then refined the search to include Ridgeway 9160, but with no hits. So, if my assumption with respect to model number is correct, your clock has had no mention on our boards. Based on the Ridgeway dating protocol, your clock was manufactured in 1991 (the 91 part of the model number).

The Ridgeway web site does not appear to contain a data base of historical models, just current offerings.

As stated in my first post, I am not an expert on, or am I familiar with, Ridgeway clocks. I hope my research is accurate, but others who know more than I may disagree.

Regards.

Douglas Ballard likes this.
  5. kswani1

kswani1 New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time out to do some research on the clock and sharing it with me. I tried to look up the clock myself but could not find much. I am glad to know to that is it made in 1991 and the model # is 9160.

best,
    ks