New Book Review!

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by Joseph Coppersmith, Dec 27, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Joseph Coppersmith

Joseph Coppersmith Registered User

Dec 25, 2010
    St. Paul, MN
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dear Members;

Has anyone had a chance to review the new book out titled "Challenging Repairs to Interesting Clocks" yet?

I was wondering if it is well beyond a beginners book or possibly too basic.

I always consider myself a novice because whenever I consider myself beyond novice so many members out shine me that I perish the thought and go back to the novice status.

I thank you for your anticipated reply(s).

In closing, I would like to extend to each of you a very happy and prosperous new year as well a heartfelt thank you to all who have assisted me with queries this past year.

Sincerely,

PJoe Coppersmith

2. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Joe, perhaps if we knew who the author is, we might know a bit more about this book.

3. soaringjoy

soaringjoy Registered User

Feb 12, 2009
    Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It's by Edwin Sowers and looks to be a NAWCC publication.
    I'm moving this to Horo-Books.

4. Joseph Coppersmith

Joseph Coppersmith Registered User

Dec 25, 2010
    St. Paul, MN
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good Morning Harold;

The book titled "Challenging Repairs to Interesting Clocks" is authored by late Edwin (Ed) Sowers III.

The book is somewhat described within the most recent Mart & Highlights as well as the most recent Bulletin.

Possibly the book is too new for anyone to have reviewed it as of yet.

The price seems reasonable, however.

Regards,

Joe Coppersmith

5. Richard T.

Richard T. Deceased
    Deceased

Apr 7, 2005
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I tried to order this book last night and couldn't find it listed online. Looking at the tiles of the article I think some could be of interest to a novice. Others are more advanced, e.g. two of the the three on Atmos, Fabrication and replacement of Brocot escapement pallets, the Herschede two weight five tube movement, rebuilding deadbeat escapement pallets, Creating a six tooth segment for a tall case hour wheel.....etc.

6. Richard T.

Richard T. Deceased
    Deceased

Apr 7, 2005
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Update received from the gift shop today. The book will be arriving in mid January and will be on the web site at that time.