New Atmos clock owner!

PHILIP ZLOTORYNSKI

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2020
Country
Hi all, this is my first post on these forums. I'm the proud new owner of a vintage 1950s "Baby" Atmos clock 526-5. Very excited to be part of the group! Does anyone have experience sending their Atmos to Jaeger for service, or is there a better option when/if that's needed?

Thanks!

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Welcome to the message board! If you have the chance to post a picture, we'd sure like to see it. Knowing the serial number also will help narrowing the manufacture date of the clock.

Does the clock run or are you just wanting to get a "freshening" of the clock?

Kurt

PHILIP ZLOTORYNSKI

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2020
Country
Picture attached. Serial number is 94172. It runs great and the seller says it was recently serviced. I'm just curious about repair/service resources if that becomes necessary down the road (I live in earthquake country so you never know when it might get kicked around).

Clipboard01.jpg

Ed O'Brien

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2009
Winter Park, FL
Country
If, in fact, it was properly serviced, LeCoultre's recommended service interval is every 20 years. Based on the last quote I had from them for service on a working unit, I would have spent close to $1,500 including shipping and insurance.

Reactions: ChemyBro

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
there is a guy in Germany offering a full service of an Atmos with 1 year money-back-garanty for ca 300,-€ plus P+P .Besides that I had my Atmos done by him a couple of years ago and still am verry content I don´t have any affiliation with him.PM me if You´re interested.
Burkhard

Wayne A

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2019
Country
Region
Congrats on the new clock! Recently acquired a working Atmos myself and did a bit of research on them. Some Atmos repair experts recommend running them until it stops before servicing which is what I'm going to do.

Ed O'Brien

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2009
Winter Park, FL
Country
As to the cheap service by the guy in Germany, consider: Shipping/insurance cost to and from USA; what if there is need for a warranty repair or correction; does that guy have Atmos experience? Since the Atmos will run just about a year on a manual wind, even with a bad bellows, the one year warranty in inadequate. I provide two year warranty on Atmos service for this reason.

Jul 8, 2015
Www.atmos-atelier.de
Country
Region
Hi from Germany!
I am „the guy“ from Germany, collecting, servicing & refurbishing Atmos clocks. I have been doing that - only Atmos & Reutter clocks - for 25 years now. So my database with Atmos-clocks, where I could identify the year of make starts with a K1 number 414 (obviously refitted with the 30’‘A movement) and ends with a Newson I had to fix just recently from 2016.
If I can be of any support or there is a contact point needed in Germany, let me know.
My Homepage is www.atmos-atelier.de
Best wishes
Rüdiger

Last edited:
Reactions: etmb61

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Hi from Germany!
I am „the guy“ from Germany, collecting, servicing & refurbishing Atmos clocks. I have been doing that - only Atmos & Reutter clocks - for 25 years now. So my database with Atmos-clocks, where I could identify the year of make starts with a K1 number 414 (obviously refitted with the 30’‘A movement) and ends with a Newson I had to fix just recently from 2016.
If I can be of any support or there is a contact point needed in Germany, let me know.
My Homepage is www.atmos-atelier.de
Best wishes
Rüdiger
Rüdiger, welcome to the NAWCC Message Board, and especially to our 400-Day, Atmos, and other Torsion Clock Forum. I also have been collecting data for Atmos clocks for 25 years, since the earliest Reutter examples until the latest "special editions" from Jaeger-LeCoultre. Would like to exchange information with you, as I and my co-author are very close to completing a comprehesive book on the Reutter Atmos. Our oldest Reutter has serial no. 30 with a Cluses movement, made at the beginning of Reutter commercial production in early 1930. It is a model A2 with cast glass case, the glass being orange in color. We have 350 examples documented thus far, and new examples are becoming fewer and fewer.

Again welcome, I trust you will enjoy our forum.

Reactions: ChemyBro
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnosis
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool