New Aquistion-Can Not Find in Tran Duy Le Seth Tomas

Discussion in 'General Clock Inquiries' started by popeye, Jul 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. popeye

popeye Registered User

May 8, 2005
    Picked this up, thought it was a galley clock, but looked trough both Seth Thomas books and could not find it?
    Wood looks like cherry and saw none almost like it in cherry.
    Any one assist and if so is this cherry wood?
    Appreciated, thanks!

2. Andy Dervan

Andy Dervan Registered User

Oct 23, 2002
    Hi Popeye,

I found something very similar - page 169 in 1996 Tran Duy Ly book on Seth Thomas Clocks & Movements. It is in Hanging clock section and looks very much like the "Chatham".

You did not mention the clock's size; Chatham has 12 inch dial. Gallery clocks typically had larger dials.

Andy Dervan

3. popeye

popeye Registered User

May 8, 2005
    I saw that one. Thanks. It is a 12" dial. Does that wood look like mahogany? If so that threw me off.