New Ansonia Swinger juno

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Dennism, Jan 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The new version of the Forum is coming! This major upgrade of the Forum will take place in the early hours of November 2 and should be completed by noon. There will be no access to the Forum while the upgrade is taking place.
  1. Dennism

Dennism Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Country Flag:
    I feel very fortunate to have picked up this swinger. I know how rare and expensive they have become. When I got it home, It had a heavy coat or two of what looked like metallic auto paint on it. I tried several chemicals and found that acetone removed the paint easily. After getting through the auto body work I also found a gold paint that also came off. Under all that is what seems to be original paint which was not affected by the acetone. Hopefully you can see the result clearly in the pictures. My question for the experts is, does this look like original paint? There are a few chips and underneath metal. If it is, I do not want to do anything else to it.

Let me know your thoughts, Dennis Juno4.JPG Juno1.JPG Juno2.JPG Juno3.JPG

2. Dennism

Dennism Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Country Flag:
    So, After discussions and a lot of research,I determining that none of the six coats of paint on my new Ansonia Juno swinger were original. I had the statue stripped and restored by a friend here in Atlanta. I would have loved to find original paint but I think it looks great as restored. The clock is original with a minor repair to the spring hook.

Juno5.JPG Juno6.JPG Juno8.JPG Juno9.JPG

George Nelson likes this.
  3. George Nelson

George Nelson Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Oct 5, 2007
    Male
    Retired
    Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dennism,

Your restorer did an amazing job- the clock is indeed wonderful! A real beauty. Congrats!

Best,

George N.