New Additions - via Text!

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by KurtinSA, Sep 8, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I know I have a problem! Just can't stop...now I have cousins looking for clocks for me. Got some text messages about some clocks near Atlanta. I opted to buy the one on the left and the one on the right. The two in the middle are fairly common Kundos, looks like a miniature and a Welby.

Anyway, the one on the left appears to be a Kern and Sohne...interesting dial I thought. The one on the right seems to be an S. Haller. Pretty cheap for the two. It will be a while before I can get over there to check them out. I'm interested in seeing the Kern and having a look at the dial. Anyone seen a clock like this before?

Kurt
    View attachment 355942 View attachment 355943 View attachment 355944

2. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Kern made nice bicolor examples in the 50ies,here´s mine. http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?48879-Kern-und-S�hne
    They were quiet expensive in their time,Mr.Kern told me many years ago.And congrats to the Haller also,alltough not top quality they made interesting designs.
    Burkhard

3. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, Burkhard. It's likely to be a bit of time before I can actually get to Atlanta to see them. I'm interested to see them in person.

Kurt