• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Needing help with uw 030 stop locks

The Tick Doc

Dec 30, 2007
South east USA
Country
Region
I am finishing up with an Urgos 030 and I am having trouble with the stop locks . Every time I think I have it fixed , it fails . Does any one out there have a diagram of this system? I need to see the up stop and the down stop. with that I can send the baby back home.. thanks ..........TTD

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Set it up as Mark describes, from the bottom. If you use a full turn on the drum (when aligning the hash marks) the pulleys will often hit the seat board. Just back off to 3/4 turn on the drum, that might do it. If not you can try backing off to 1/2 turn but I would be looking for new cables, as to little pre-wind will put more stress on the end fitting and also can cause 'stacking' of the turns. Both these conditions need to be avoided.

You didn't say whether your movement was old or new. The new one has a larger diameter (Hermle size) cable that more than fills the drum but the 'one turn on the drum with hash marks aligned' seems to be the best you can do on these, even though the last turn is stacked and interferes with the plastic cable retainer ...

Good luck, Willie X

The Tick Doc

Dec 30, 2007
South east USA
Country
Region
Willie , I believe this to be an older movement, about 30 yrs old. If it matters it is 52 inches from the seat board to the bottom of the pulley.. I have not yet attempted this new adjustement. but will do so this morning.........TTD

The Tick Doc

Dec 30, 2007
South east USA
Country
Region
It worked. I did the 3/4 turn and it locked anout 3 inches from the seat board but did not lock at the bottom. Did a one full turn and it locks up just below the seat board an now locks up with out landing on th floor of the clock.. Thanks to all.....................TTD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigDon
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-