need your help

W

wildwind

hi I am new to this site, I have looked at many clocks sites and have not been able to find any info ona clock that I have, it is a 400 day clock, made in 1910 by Shwartz, the face is diamond shaped not square or round like most I have found, it is all brass and sits under a glass dome, it is in perfect working order,I hope someone can direct me to a site where I might find the value of this clock. thank you very much

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hi, Wildwind, welcome to the message board. Sorry we can't help you with valuations here, as it is against policy. Your best bet is to watch ebay, or check completed auctions for 400 day clocks of similar vintage. Sounds like a very nice clock.
Harold

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Wildwind, what we "can" do is help you identify the maker and age of your clock. If you could post photos here of (1) a full front view without the dome, and (2) a clear photo of the movement back plate with the suspension guard removed; then I'm sure we can help. What alerts me that your clock might not be as early as 1910 is that the diamond shape dial isn't recorded as having been produced before the late 1920's. In any event let us see the photos and that question can be resolved.

John Hubby

Oldtime

Jul 20, 2003
Hi, is there anyway your diamond face Shwartz 400 Day clock could somehow be mistaken for a Schatz 400 Day clock ? Schatz made many 400 day clocks with a diamond face. A picture would be a big help.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Not a significant point - but the diamond shaped dials are often "square", just turned 45 degrees. :)

W

wildwind

Hi OLDTIME
nad thank you I seemed to have missread the clock it is a Schatz and not a Shwartz,,would you or anyone know of a web site link where I might find more info on it
thanks very much

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Wildwind, your best bet to find info on Schatz clocks is this board. If you can post photos that would be best, one of the front and one of the back plate of the movement. I'm sure that someone here will be able to provide full identification, age, etc. regarding your clock.

John Hubby

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
My guess is that the 9 53 means it was made in September, 1953. The style and general layout of the clock seems period correct for that era.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I think Doug has it right. Note for viewers: above the image, click on slide show to see the rest of the pic's.

W

wildwind

can anyone tellme where I might find out the value if any of this clock??

thanks

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
It's against board policy to discuss value. Check Ebay for past sales to see what they brought.

W

wildwind

hidyho all
I know you cannot discuss value on this site but does anyone know of a web site where that info may be found,,I have checked ebay,,no hope there
thanks, very much
wildwind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam P
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre