Clock Help Need suspensionspring for Korean clock...

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by 68scout, Jun 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 68scout

68scout Newbie

May 28, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Found a Kassel wall clock in the trash and it appears that all it needs is a suspension spring. Does any one have anything of the sort?

another picture fo clockworks.jpg clock pics for clockworks.jpg

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    More likely Chinese than Korean but that is of little matter. This is not terribly difficult to make. Provided you have a flat strip of thin spring steel and you know how to punch holes in it without cracking the metal. You'll need a hole for the screw and another for the pint to hook the pendulum on.

3. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Timesavers has a wide array of suspension springs in their catalog. The issue would be finding the right mounting along with thickness and length.

Kurt

4. 68scout

68scout Newbie

May 28, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I have an email inquiry I sent to timesavers. They were great when I needed a pendulum/suspension spring for my old Waterbury. I will just have to see what they have to say on Monday I guess. Thanks for the suggestions though guys.Always wiling to see what's out there from people with more knowledge/experience than me.

5. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I was a bit cheap with my advice. I'm sure there is a small metal plate with the screw that clips into the other hole that can be seen near the screw hole.