• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Need some SWCC parts

Jim Andrews

NAWCC Member
Oct 11, 2018
Oklahoma panhandle
Country
Region
Hello all, I recently acquired a SWCC #9 with the brass pendulum. It is up and running fine. I was also lucky enough to find the correct silver two vial compensating pendulum that was optional on these clocks. I believe that the crutch is different for the pendulums where the wood shaft crutch has a pin, and the steel shaft would need a fork. I'd rather not cut and modify the crutch I have, but would like to find the correct one for the mercury pendulum. If anyone out there has this part and is willing to help with this project, please let me know.

Thanks!

Tim Orr

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good afternoon, Jim!

You might contact Ken Reindel at:
kensclockclinic.com
I do not know that he has such parts for sale, but he is very knowledgable on these clocks and may be able to help you with knowledge and sources.

Best regards!

Tim Orr

Jim Andrews

NAWCC Member
Oct 11, 2018
Oklahoma panhandle
Country
Region
Good afternoon, Jim!

kensclockclinic.com
I do not know that he has such parts for sale, but he is very knowledgable on these clocks and may be able to help you with knowledge and sources.

Best regards!

Tim Orr
Good afternoon, Jim!

kensclockclinic.com

Best regards!

Tim Orr
Thanks Tim, I spoke with him a few years back when I first got my Stromberg. I believe I still have his email. Good idea.

Jim Andrews

NAWCC Member
Oct 11, 2018
Oklahoma panhandle
Country
Region
Just to follow up on this thread and post my experience with Mr. Reindel. He did respond after a few days and in a nutshell said the only way he'd be able to help me would be for me to send him my movement so he could make the modifications as "the crutch is connected to the verge and these were all custom fit". I understand this is the business he's in and selling his spare parts would affect his ability to repair clocks that were sent in for repair. For future reference, he's not a source for parts.

Reactions: Jmeechie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helplessfanatic12
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-