• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Need some 8mm collets

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
I have just acquired me a nice 8mm Marshall lathe off Ebay, with a bunch of collets, but none between 42 and 28. I'd like to get some to fill out that range, if anybody has some to spare (I'll pay). Nothing like that in the eMart (naturally), nor on eBay. Can somebody help this poor boy? My email is bangster@utah-inter.net (I desperately hope this is a permissible post, since it's not an offer to sell anything.)

bangster
advancing newbie

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
I have just acquired me a nice 8mm Marshall lathe off Ebay, with a bunch of collets, but none between 42 and 28. I'd like to get some to fill out that range, if anybody has some to spare (I'll pay). Nothing like that in the eMart (naturally), nor on eBay. Can somebody help this poor boy? My email is bangster@utah-inter.net (I desperately hope this is a permissible post, since it's not an offer to sell anything.)

bangster
advancing newbie

Robert M.

Nov 20, 2004
Bang,try this guy.Harvey sells more Lathe goodies than anyone around.He's got a ton of 8mm collets.
Harvey Schmidt
e-mail= wwlathlot@aol.com
website= toolpin.com
Ph.=(718)969-0847
I hope this helps you.
Respectfully,Bob Fullerton

H

Hugh Patton

Hi Robert,
Just wanted to say Thank for posting this site. It will come in handy ..

Robert M.

Nov 20, 2004
Thanks Hugh,Harvey attends quite a few of our Chapter #1 Marts.He always has a ton of lathe goodies to sell and he is an all around nice guy also.He's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to horological lathes.A great guy to have access to if you have a lathe question.The only other fella I've met that has as much lathe stuff as Harv was a fella from Tenn.by the name of Keith Williamson.He was also very knowledgable with the various horological lathes out there.No e-mail address but the last phone no.I got from him was (615-867-1212).If you live in the southeast he may be more convenient for you.Thanks again for your kind reply.
Respectfully,Bob Fullerton

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
Harvey had what I wanted, so I ordered from him. I didn't find his website very helpful, but a direct email query got a quick response.

bangster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utah
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-