• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Need Josh Johnson watch repaired

robert jeansonne

Mar 3, 2012
Texas
Country
Region
Looking for a reputable person to do a repair on. Joseph Johnson watch I recently acquired. Looks like the fusee chain came off from the cone. I don't think it is broken, but I could be wrong. Looks like a good bit of it is still wound around the barrell. The mainspring is good. It will run for about 20-30 seconds, so I believe it would be good if not for the chain issue. Could someone recommend a good watch repairmen for this that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks
Robert

Randy Beamer

Jul 5, 2011
Davenport Washington
Country
Region
Hey Robert,
Not sure you will find someone in your neighborhood that can service/repair this, but I pulled this listing from the NAWCC site.
They are in Frisco, Tx.

https://www.americanpocketwatch.com

While they are American watch specific, maybe this company can recommend someone close to you, or at least a reputable repair facility.
Can't help you with the "arm and a leg" concern.

Best of luck,,,,

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristina
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller