• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

need INFO

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Just curious....What kind of comments are you looking for?

howtorepairpendulumclocks

Dec 18, 2020
Country
It looks like an eighteenth century English eight-day duration long case clock. The case carving is probably Victorian, maybe early twentieth C, it was fashionable then...

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
And somebody has clearly altered the valuation (figures) without altering the words. And from what I can see, which is not very clear, the words do not seem to have agreed with the figures anyway, even before the alteration.

But I don't really know what comments you wanted.

JTD

D.th.munroe

Feb 15, 2018
BC Canada
Country
Region
Just the one date of 1795 for William Ewbank, (son of george) Elland (near Halifax) in Loomes' book.
Dan

Errantly

Nov 17, 2020
Windsor
Country
The case has the right shape and feel for a clock from this locale starting about 1775. Some were carved from new for particular makers but this one would make me uncomfortable. The quality of the carving isn't great, it's a bit chippy. The columns appear to be made from two different styles, perhaps replacements. The damage to the finish of the trunk door will be a concern. The dial appears poorly designed, rather unbalanced. And I dislike the dislodged dial pillar showing to the front at about 8 o'clock. The case would have been a nice generic example before the carver not got a hold of it. There are no pictures of the movement but judging by the overall I can't believe it's anything special. But then I'm only a collector what do I know.
Generally unsatisfactory, and grossly overpriced. Apologies if this seems blunt.

Errantly

Nov 17, 2020
Windsor
Country
I do not believe Teaclocks ever indicated the asking price of the clock.

The documentation is a sales receipt from 50 years ago. :)

Regards.
Ooops sorry you're absolutely right. You know what assumption does lols.
I got a bit carried away messaging a hero. I was waiting to be told off for being blunt.
Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers.

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
for 400buck I´d take it home.
Burkhard

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luckyday
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.