Need info on a Concord Chronograph, 3 registers, Valjoux 72 movement, Stainless Steel

Pmp

Jun 8, 2022
Country
I am looking to get some input on my Concord Chronograph watch.
See attached images.
Would like to know how rare this watch is, I do not seem to find other examples.

Concord_1202.jpg Concord_1204.jpg Concord_1209.jpg Concord_1478.jpg

gatorcpa

May 7, 2007
Country
I have no idea how "rare" (or well done) this watch is.

However, the Valjoux 72 movement has value and so does the Concord name.
gatorcpa

Pmp

Jun 8, 2022
Country
A telemeter and tachymeter, like a slide rule watch?
Yes I think it may have a Military function or aviation application along with speed. What I am really looking for is how many were manufactured and what type of value as well as other examples and date of production.

Pmp

Jun 8, 2022
Country
I have no idea how "rare" (or well done) this watch is.

However, the Valjoux 72 movement has value and so does the Concord name.
gatorcpa
Yes I know the Valjoux 72 was used in a lot of brands including the famous Rolex Paul Newman Daytona model. Thank you for your info it is much appreciated!

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
A telemeter and tachymeter, like a slide rule watch?
No, nothing to slide. Tachymeter provides speed. Telemeter provides distance. As a example, if you push the start button upon seeing a thunderstrom flash and stop when you hear the thunder, then the scale provides the distance of the thunderstorm. The telemeter scale is based on the speed of sound. Was actually a military application.

The Val. 72 is one of the best. I also like the apparently unrestored dial in good condition.

Pmp

Jun 8, 2022
Country
No, nothing to slide. Tachymeter provides speed. Telemeter provides distance. As a example, if you push the start button upon seeing a thunderstrom flash and stop when you hear the thunder, then the scale provides the distance of the thunderstorm. The telemeter scale is based on the speed of sound. Was actually a military application.

The Val. 72 is one of the best. I also like the apparently unrestored dial in good condition.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated! I love this watch.

Dave Haynes

Sep 12, 2000
Concord made upper tier watches of all styles, many in gold. Valjoux 72 was the Caddilac ebauche, Landeron was the Chevrolet ebauche. Heuer Assembled a lot of these types for various companies including Rolex. Nice watch. I had a new LeCoultre slide rule chronograph with a Valjoux 72. I didn't use it and sold it. One of my major Mistakes like selling the Memovox Automatic in Steel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meum
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-