Need Identifying Seth Thomas Clock

Gretchen01

Jul 21, 2021
Country
Hi there, I’m looking for assistance in identifying the model and date of this Seth Thomas clock. I have seen several similar clocks but not one exactly like this. What is unique about this clock is the signature. It’s located below the center of the dial right above the 6. Most clocks that are similar have the signature below the 12 or none at all. What I know is, this clock is 10x8, 89 movement, there is a F 6 (at least that is what it looks like) engraved in the bottom and it appears to have been done in manufacturing. The base of the clock is plain. I believe the wood is mahogany. Any help is appreciated. IMG_7213.jpg IMG_7215.jpg IMG_7216.jpg IMG_7212.jpg

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
What is unique about this clock is the signature. It’s located below the center of the dial right above the 6. Most clocks that are similar have the signature below the 12 or none at all.
Says who? I’ve seen lots of clocks like this.

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
I am out and about but will check tran’s book when I get back to the office… Maybe someone else will be able to do that sooner

Reactions: Gretchen01

owen.or

NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Near Portland, Oregon
Country
Region
This clock appears to be an example of the "Leader No.1" model by the Seth Thomas Clock Company. Tran Duy Ly's 2004 Seth Thomas book shows a picture of this model from the 1928 Seth Thomas catalog. The clock was likely produced for at least a few years before and after that year. David, Owen.or

Reactions: Steven Thornberry

Gretchen01

Jul 21, 2021
Country
This clock appears to be an example of the "Leader No.1" model by the Seth Thomas Clock Company. Tran Duy Ly's 2004 Seth Thomas book shows a picture of this model from the 1928 Seth Thomas catalog. The clock was likely produced for at least a few years before and after that year. David, Owen.or
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it might be a leader. However, the location of the signature on the face of my clock didn’t match up to what I was finding. Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Criseldis
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller