NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I think this will get more response in the Wristwatch Forum.

It has been quite a while since I have paid much attention to wristwatches, but I recall that during the "bad days" of the 50's and 60's many Swiss makers were selling low quality pieces to compete in a declining market.

@Kinpol, who do you think actually made the watch? Is it a Chinese forgery?

Adam Harris

Moore NWCM Award
May 3, 2012
Costa Blanca - Spain
highercailber.com
Country
I do NOT think so.
I surely would get better photos, but I think its genuine and from an important manufacturer.

Its an early piece, automatic and I think genuine

Reactions: MrRoundel

tgarnold

Jun 14, 2012
Looks like a nice vintage Ulysse Nardin. In the picture, the second hand looks a little short. That could just be the curve of the crystal or a replacement hand. The movement looks like what you would expect.

Kinpol

Aug 31, 2010
Poland
Country
OK, it is Felsa 690... I saw many watches from '50's with so good looking fresh names on the faces... I'm always affraid of it...

gatorcpa

May 7, 2007
Country
Case and movement look genuine to me. This looks to be a US market watch. It has a three-letter import mark near the balance which cannot be read in the photo provided. One should be able to trace the US importer to confirm that the movement is legitimate.

Dial may be a older redial which has not aged well. An original dial would likely have "Swiss" or "Swiss Made" at the bottom.

An interesting watch, but not necessarily a valuable one.
gatorcpa

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jr webster
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool