Need help with wooden movement clock

Discussion in 'Wood Movement Clocks' started by Al2, Dec 15, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Al2

Al2 Registered User

Jul 18, 2004
    I’m a watch guy that fusses with clocks every now and then. Recently I inherited a clock that has been in the family since early 1800’s. It has a wood movement and is 30 hours. I have repaired the movement and it runs very well. I want to have the dial restored but I can’t remember the names of the folks back east that have a good reputation. Can anybody recommend someone to do the dial? Does anybody know who made the movement? Who made the clock? I want to see what it is supposed to look like when I restore it. dial movement clock splat case
    The case is 33.5" tall by 17" wide and about 5" (a little less) deep. The dial is 11 3/16 high and 11 13/16 wide. The movement is 11 3/8 high and 11 3/4 wide. The distance between the winding arbors is 3 1/2 and the distance from them to the center post is 2 3/4 inches. I could really use any information you can offer. Thanks

2. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The one with the most recommendations on the message board is The Dial House. Here is the contact info:
    The Dial House
    http://www.dialhouse.net

They probably have on file a dial design that would be a good match for yours.

3. Al2

Al2 Registered User

Jul 18, 2004
    Thanks for the information. I will go to their site right now and see if I can get that part going. I already have a new door lock ordered.