Need help with Kienzle disc pendulum clock.

timelyrestorations

NAWCC Member
Jan 26, 2001
Country
I am presently working on what I believe is a Kienzle 400 day (plate 1602 in the guide) clock. It is obvious to me that someone has altered or replaced the suspension hanger and unit. Does anyone know what the original would have looked like? A photo would be most helpful. As you can see by the photos I have included, the top block is soldered to the hanger itself, while the suspension spring is only held at the very outside edge of the block. The whole thing looks very crude, and of course the clock will not continue to run for more than 1/2 an hour.
plate
suspension1
suspension2

Thanks,
Doug

timelyrestorations

NAWCC Member
Jan 26, 2001
Country
I am presently working on what I believe is a Kienzle 400 day (plate 1602 in the guide) clock. It is obvious to me that someone has altered or replaced the suspension hanger and unit. Does anyone know what the original would have looked like? A photo would be most helpful. As you can see by the photos I have included, the top block is soldered to the hanger itself, while the suspension spring is only held at the very outside edge of the block. The whole thing looks very crude, and of course the clock will not continue to run for more than 1/2 an hour.
plate
suspension1
suspension2

Thanks,
Doug

any400day

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Singapore
www.pasttimesclocks.com
Country
Doug,

The Kienzle movement uses a "pivoted E-shaped" top block. There is a picture of it on page 234 (Appendix 118) of the 10th edition Horolovar 400 Day Clock Repair Guide.

Vic
NAWCC Life 205-117905
Member Chapter 168
IHC #56

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinestone
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit