Need Help with information on 30 Tall Case

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by David B Pendley, Aug 6, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David B Pendley

David B Pendley Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi I looking for help with information. The boss on dial says A. Seynave Waereohen No. 47. I will add photos of dial and movement. Hoping to have photos of case later. Thanks.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    David,

First thing: Your clock is marked WAEREGHEM, not Waereohen. Waereghem is a small town in Flanders (Belgium) and the name is now usually spelled WAREGEM.

Seynave is a Belgian surname, not a common one, but it does occur. Whether this person was the maker, retailer or owner I cannot say. The name does not occur in the limited number of books I have but others may know more.

It will be helpful to see more photos, including the case.

JTD

3. David B Pendley

NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks JTD I'll post more photos tomorrow. I spelled the name from my scribbled notes not from photo. That will teach me to check. Thanks again.

4. David B Pendley

NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here are case photos![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Tinker Dwight

Tinker Dwight Registered User

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA
    With the mounts so messed up and the seat board hacked,
    I'd say that wasn't the original movement with the clock.
    It is too bad as the original was likely of better quality.
    The plates look to be rolled brass.
    Tinker Dwight

6. novicetimekeeper

novicetimekeeper Registered User
    Donor

Jul 26, 2015
    retired and on my second career
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    was it originally an alarm or is that just a rosette in the dial centre. Longcase alarms were more prevalent in mainland Europe I believe, we had a few but not as common.