• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

IBM Need help with an IBM UK Model 25-Y Serial Number 15938

ltctmwod

Aug 12, 2013
Gentlemen:
I found this very nice IBM MC in an antique store and it appears to be complete except for the pendulum. From what I can gather on the Internet is that a metal ball or an Invar/Mercurial pendulum can be used? Which would be correct? I am having a dickens of a time trying to find any one but have located a guy who might have one but he needs to know the length and other specifics regarding size, diameter, weight etc. Since I do not have one to compare to or even know where there might be one to look at, I am asking the membership for help on this matter. It is a wood cabinet (63" tall) with a brass 1/2 inch wide fork to grasp the pendulum. Any help is appreciated.
tom

Paul Cormier

NAWCC Member
Jun 11, 2013
Country
Region
Hello Tom: It seems your clock would have had an invar rod with a cylindrical weight to it or a mercurial pendulum. That is why you have the fork at the end of the crutch instead of a pin at the end for a wood stick pendulum.
Paul

ltctmwod

Aug 12, 2013
Paul:
Thank you for your help on the pendulum. Now the trick is trying find one of those types of pendulums. Do you have any sources or ideas of where I could find one?
tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaChelle
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller