• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

IBM Need help with an IBM UK Model 25-Y Serial Number 15938

ltctmwod

Aug 12, 2013
Gentlemen:
I found this very nice IBM MC in an antique store and it appears to be complete except for the pendulum. From what I can gather on the Internet is that a metal ball or an Invar/Mercurial pendulum can be used? Which would be correct? I am having a dickens of a time trying to find any one but have located a guy who might have one but he needs to know the length and other specifics regarding size, diameter, weight etc. Since I do not have one to compare to or even know where there might be one to look at, I am asking the membership for help on this matter. It is a wood cabinet (63" tall) with a brass 1/2 inch wide fork to grasp the pendulum. Any help is appreciated.
tom

Paul Cormier

NAWCC Member
Jun 11, 2013
Country
Region
Hello Tom: It seems your clock would have had an invar rod with a cylindrical weight to it or a mercurial pendulum. That is why you have the fork at the end of the crutch instead of a pin at the end for a wood stick pendulum.
Paul

ltctmwod

Aug 12, 2013
Paul:
Thank you for your help on the pendulum. Now the trick is trying find one of those types of pendulums. Do you have any sources or ideas of where I could find one?
tom

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accuraterubber
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit