Need help removing ATO Junghans dial

shmekerman

NAWCC Member
Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Country
Region
Hi Folks,

I got an ATO Junghans with a broken suspension spring and I need to ask your advice on how to disassemble the dial to be able to remove the broken portion of the suspension spring and replace it.
To my puzzlement, it seems to be somewhat riveted to the back plate. Maybe I need to drill the rivets out? Does it mean that I need to use a tap after this to mount it back with some screws? Kind of crazy for a german engineered clock...
Please let me know your opinions. In the meantime here are some pics from my "conundrum"... Thanks a lot

Attachments

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
To me, it appears that the feet stay with the dial and should just pull out of the plate.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Maybe a gentle tap on the back of the plate with a punch would loosen it up for the dial to come off.

shmekerman

NAWCC Member
Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Country
Region
Thank you for your suggestions, guys but I figured it out on a closer look at the dial. I just needed to remove the front dial (using a little sharp blade) to expose the dial support plate and then remove the 4 screws holding the 4 dial legs. The legs stay fixed on the back plate. For clarification I attached some pics.
Thanks again, gents.
ATO dial removed (2).jpg ATO dial removed (3).jpg ATO dial removed (4).jpg

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I'm confused. It looks like that part is already off in your first pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellywiglesworth10@gmail.
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-