need help IDing German repeater watch

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Jeff Hess, Sep 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Super Moderator
    Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Sep 3, 2000
    Maybe a Swiss or French import into Germany? Signed AS or an A and an S under the dial ont top plate (a clue) but only "Peter Huber Elderfeld" on back plate. Cannot find anything on Ptere huber. Help please.

2. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    I think you meant to write Elberfeld, not Elderfeld. (Elberfeld is now part of Wuppertal). I cannot tell you much about Peter Huber (actually Hüber) but if you google him you can see some watches signed by him.

It would be nice to see the whole watch.

JTD

3. Jeff Hess

Sep 3, 2000
    Elberfeld. yes I cannot find any watch by him anywhere. except this one. this same one is mentioned several times on the net.

4. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    The one on the net has a different serial number to yours.

JTD

5. Jeff Hess

Sep 3, 2000
    hi and thanks so much for your response...

the one on the net is the same one. this is how I acquired it. the number I have picutred is different that the one on the back plate! The back plate of mine is the same as theone on the net. thanks for your efforts!