• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Need help Identifiying Illinois Dial.

FJP

NAWCC Member
Jun 16, 2012
Can anyone help me in finding out what kind of 16 size Illinos movement this dial originally came on ?
This fits a 16 size open face Bunn. I did not find an example of this style with the fancy factory work on the inner sunk section even in Bunn special book.
The dial feet are hollow as some were in the Hamilton 60 hour era and the numbers look like some of the 992 dials. Has anyone seen this dial before ?? Thanks in advance for your help. Frank
P1240966.JPG P1240972.JPG

NAWCC Member
Sep 16, 2008
This dial would have come as material or on a mid-grade movt. post 1928, due to the hollow feet. John Cote posted a photo of your exact dial on Jan. 8 post # 6. Except for the inner bit the rest is the same as the # 111 dial. The dial cat. ills. I have are from 1936, so I would date this as 1930 plus or minus a couple of years. Not offical, but I call this the hourglass 8.

John Cote

Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
This dial would have come as material or on a mid-grade movt. post 1928, due to the hollow feet. John Cote posted a photo of your exact dial on Jan. 8 post # 6. Except for the inner bit the rest is the same as the # 111 dial. The dial cat. ills. I have are from 1936, so I would date this as 1930 plus or minus a couple of years. Not offical, but I call this the hourglass 8.
I agree. I would add that there is no way this would be proper on a higher grade watch like a Bunn Special.

FJP

NAWCC Member
Jun 16, 2012
I agree. I would add that there is no way this would be proper on a higher grade watch like a Bunn Special.
Thank you both for your help itn is perfect and it would have been nice if it was RR grade. Thanks Frank

FJP

NAWCC Member
Jun 16, 2012
Mr Cote thank you for that valuable information. Do you happen to know what it was originally made for. They don't seem to list it in any books as their regular stock. Was this made to fill a specific order I like it very much and would like to put it on a proper Illinois.
Thanks foer your help, Frank

FJP

NAWCC Member
Jun 16, 2012
I have had mine in my dial collection for perhaps 20 years. It is much, much more scarce than most RR dials.
Mr Cote thank you for that valuable information. Do you happen to know what it was originally made for. They don't seem to list it in any books as their regular stock. Was this made to fill a specific order I like it very much and would like to put it on a proper Illinois.
Thanks foer your help, Frank

John Cote

Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
Thanks foer your help.
If I remember correctly, I bought this as a loose dial at the old NAWCC Drawbridge show a long time ago. The fact that these seem to show up as loose dials makes me think they were made as replacement dials. Dials like this without the squiggles in the inner chapter are found on mid-grades like maybe the 806 etc.

Reactions: johnbscott and 179

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R Philip
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-