Need help Id a wall clock.

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Andrew G., May 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andrew G.

Andrew G. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 3, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I've got this clock today. The case looks old, but movement looks very clean, I would even say "shiny" at some degree. My concern that it does not look old to me. There is no maker's trademark, no serial number. I hope posted pictures could give some clues. My guess, it is German made... movement looks more like F. Mauthe.

I would appreciate any ideas on how old this clock is and who might be the movement maker.
    Thanks everyone!

IMG_001.jpg IMG_002.jpg IMG_003.jpg IMG_004.jpg IMG_005.jpg IMG_006.jpg IMG_007.jpg IMG_008.jpg IMG_009.jpg IMG_010.jpg IMG_011.jpg IMG_012.jpg

2. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Andrew,

We have some contributors who can identify unmarked German movements. They should be along to provide their opinions.

By the looks of the clock, I estimate the year of production from 1895 to 1915, but that is just a guess.

Regards.

Andrew G. likes this.
  3. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    oakland, ca.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    something about those curled brass edges on the seatboard and bracket look more modern to me....

4. Andrew G.

NAWCC Member

May 3, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Bruce. I also think the movement is most likely modern along with these brackets.

5. Tatyana

Tatyana Registered User

Jan 2, 2016
    Female
    Saint Petersburg
    Country Flag:
    Hi all!
    It is a Kienzle, recently had the same movement Gustav Becker?
    Tatyana

6. Andrew G.

NAWCC Member

May 3, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tatyana, thank you! The clock I have is very much the same as it mentioned in the post you referred to. It is Kienzle then, it makes sense. Is there any estimate on the year? In the other article, you mentioned 1920. Спасибо.