need help again identifing please

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by mjames91966, Jul 15, 2007.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mjames91966

mjames91966 Registered User

Jul 14, 2007
    hello everybody, ok now i cant even find this maker anywhere so i will turn to everybody for more help.
    i picked up this pocket watch and havent been able to find anything anywhere on it. the face is white with regular numbere then has the roman numerals ournd the outside. no name anywhere on the face or hands.
    the back has a crest almost like that found on the back of zenith watches. on the inside is the name SURETE at the top then swiss silver mark on the left and the cresent moon and crown on the right showing its german silver. The bottom has only the number 27 with an A below it.

on the inside is written "Surete, Demi Chronometre, Leve'es Visibles Plauteaux, No.27

The only thing on the movement is written "Surete"

The watch runs pefectly but i am at a lose here, please help.

I can take photes if need be.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. CZHACK

CZHACK Registered User

Apr 28, 2005
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    mjames - Pritchard notes in Swiss Timepiece Makers 1775-1975 that Surete was a brand/model of Movado Fabriques. Please post a photo of the movement and we may be able to determine more information. Mike

3. mjames91966

Jul 14, 2007
    am trying to get that picture for you mike. cant tell you how much i apprectiate the help. my eyes are going bonkers searching the internet looking at other photos and reading any little thing that might help.

4. mjames91966

Jul 14, 2007
    Ok Mike i have some photos, i do apologize for the poor quality.

Attached Files:

5. mjames91966

Jul 14, 2007
    Movado??

Well i have found similiar pictures of the movement heading in the right direction, it does look to be a Movado movement.Also having the Surete name.Good job Mike,thanks for giving me more to look for.Now the next question i have is trying to date it.It has no serial number on the movement.Does anybody know of a good site to help with this.Every little bit helps.

Thank you.

6. watchfriends

watchfriends Registered User

Jul 23, 2007
    this watch looks like a Movado "ditesheim"

123.jpg

or tavannes watch, swiss

124.jpg