Need Date and ID of cuckoo clock

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

NAWCC Member
Nov 26, 2009
Country
Recently saw this cuckoo clock. Need date and id. See attached pix.

peppa pig 1.jpg peppa pig 2.jpg peppa pig 3.jpg peppa pig 4.jpg

No pictures of movement available.

Thanks in advance.

RM

• Love
Reactions: Old Rivers

Jerome collector

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2005
Omaha, NE
Country
Region
The clock case appears to be a mid-20th century 2-story, and the bird a rare big-eyed, red-beaked warbler. Hope that helps. Does it have a label, because sometimes the printer's line can help date clocks?

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

NAWCC Member
Nov 26, 2009
Country
The clock case appears to be a mid-20th century 2-story, and the bird a rare big-eyed, red-beaked warbler. Hope that helps. Does it have a label, because sometimes the printer's line can help date clocks?
Thank you for your informative response.

The current owner said that they thought the bird was either a yellow bellied sap sucker or a tufted titmouse.

Pictures of the label are not currently available as it is undergoing deacidification to be followed by being replaced with a reproduction label so that it will be perfect in appearance and look like it did when it left the factory and as its maker intended it to look.

I was also told that the clock was thankfully extensively modified from it's original state to make it better.

If and when they become available, I will also forward the pictures I was promised of the clock enhanced with LED lights.

How much do you think it's worth?

RM

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Thank you for your informative response.

The current owner said that they thought the bird was either a yellow bellied sap sucker or a tufted titmouse.

Pictures of the label are not currently available as it is undergoing deacidification to be followed by being replaced with a reproduction label so that it will be perfect in appearance and look like it did when it left the factory and as its maker intended it to look.

I was also told that the clock was thankfully extensively modified from it's original state to make it better.

If and when they become available, I will also forward the pictures I was promised of the clock enhanced with LED lights.

How much do you think it's worth?

RM
I think its value is considerably enhanced because of its prominence in certain video feeds, and the eclectic choice of color (or is that "colour") no doubt increases its desirability, as long as the brush strokes are not too visible. In all photos, it is clear that the owners understand the importance of keeping it level so that it stays in beat, although it no doubt is equipped with a "quarts" movement. Quarts of what, you may ask. I leave that to your individual imagination.

I bid $4.75. Do I hear $5.00?

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region
Given it's simple lines, I'd lean towards it being Russian. Maybe by MAJAK. Or perhaps a Mongolian knockoff of the aforementioned maker. Either way, I've heard they are a pig of a thing to work on ;)

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
I think its value is considerably enhanced because of its prominence in certain video feeds, and the eclectic choice of color (or is that "colour") no doubt increases its desirability, as long as the brush strokes are not too visible. In all photos, it is clear that the owners understand the importance of keeping it level so that it stays in beat, although it no doubt is equipped with a "quarts" movement. Quarts of what, you may ask. I leave that to your individual imagination.

I bid $4.75. Do I hear $5.00?
Quarts of pigswill?

JimmyOz

Feb 21, 2008
Gold Coast Qld
Country
Region
I can't see any chains or weights also no winding arbours, therefore it must be quarts, also the anamation is basic, therefore I think it must be Asian, that said. I think $5.00 is way over its value a bit of a pig in a pock.

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Y'all wrong. This looks like a rare grease-powered cuckoo clock made by Hiney Manure of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. Only 101 clocks were made and most of them are thought to be gone now. Renowned for his quality clocks made out of solid cheese and smoked meats. He was greatly influenced by German craftsmanship and 1980's food commercials. Circa 2000-2011. Valued at $9000000000000001.00 and that doesn't include the cheese tax.

Attached is a photo of Manure's Masterpiece, commissioned for some overblown sports team up north. This was a photo taken during the dedicational ceremoney in 2011:

Hiney Manure.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akrampe64
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff