• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Need Ansonia going train parts.

Regalansonia

May 11, 2004
I have an early Ansonia mantle movement that needs a longer minute shaft and going train to match. The movement is of the pre-1881 style with squared-off corners (not the arch-plate design). The minute shaft needed should be about 3 1/2" long from the top of the back plate to the end of the hand square. I would buy a complete movement to get this part if you have one. I can send a pic of my movement if you are not sure of the design I need. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Al Stevenson,
FNAWCC

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Interesting request, Al. Yeah, some pic's of what you're up to would help. Might even be able to offer a different option.

Regalansonia

May 11, 2004
For whatever reason, my attempts at uploading a couple of pics just freezes my computer. Anyway, the present minute shaft length is 2 5/8" from top of back plate to tip of minute square. From top of front plate to tip of minute square is 1 1/8". Maybe this will help you some. Thanks for replying.

Al

Attachments

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Have you considered making (or having made) a longer arbor? You'd also need a longer hour pipe. Everything else would stay the same.

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Are you considering to doing this because the case you are installing this movement, was meant for a long shaft. You could make an extension for the center arbor and a new hour pipe. Do you have the equipment to do this?

H/C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
car-nut1
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-