need a canon pinion

clockmanbill

Feb 6, 2018
Country
need a part! I have a movement with a anchor and a crown on top. Under the anchor is SILESIA on the back plat is P26 I need a canon pinion. I think that's the name, it's the gear and shaft that holds the minute hand and activates the strike. If you can help me out that would be very cool. Thanks, Bill

dickstorer

Oct 19, 2010
Hampton, Georgia
Country
Region
need a part! I have a movement with a anchor and a crown on top. Under the anchor is SILESIA on the back plat is P26 I need a canon pinion. I think that's the name, it's the gear and shaft that holds the minute hand and activates the strike. If you can help me out that would be very cool. Thanks, Bill
PICTURES PLS

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
Yes. Please take some digital pictures of your movement--not the markings on the plate, but of the entire movement plus the area where the part is damaged or missing, plus pictures of any extra parts that seem to belong to the movement but which are not currently attached.

Almost all clock factories went out of business in the 1930's if not earlier, which means that manufacturers' names and model numbers are not generally useful. That's why we need pictures. A description of what happened to the clock might also be helpful: why do you think you need a cannon pinion?

Mark Kinsler

clockmanbill

Feb 6, 2018
Country
Yes. Please take some digital pictures of your movement--not the markings on the plate, but of the entire movement plus the area where the part is damaged or missing, plus pictures of any extra parts that seem to belong to the movement but which are not currently attached.

Almost all clock factories went out of business in the 1930's if not earlier, which means that manufacturers' names and model numbers are not generally useful. That's why we need pictures. A description of what happened to the clock might also be helpful: why do you think you need a cannon pinion?

Mark Kinsler
because it is missing. I'll try sending so more pics. Thanks

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
In the box where you type, click on the 'FROM PC' button and select your pics from your computer. Then they should upload for you right to the post.

clockmanbill

Feb 6, 2018
Country
got one! thanks guys! Just learning how to use this site. I'll try to get the drift!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supatint
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff