NAWCC Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads' started by kirxklox, Jun 30, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have been trying to find Contracts and Privacy Agreements on various Hosting Sites and have come up empty.

GoDaddy has such a Large System that their Contracts cover a Wide Range of subjects.

http://www.studio1337.com/ does not have one.

2. lkjjkl

lkjjkl Registered User

Jul 23, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What specifically are you looking for?

3. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    An SOP and Privacy Statement to run a Hosting Server.

4. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Registered User

Nov 29, 2000
    Manager of Engineering Programs
    Washington state
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sam, what you seek is a little hard to understand, but since I have experience with Godaddy, perhaps I can help.

They don't have an explicitly defined privacy policy, per se, because they offer products that have a sort of variable level of privacy. The two tiers I've used (and the only two I'm aware of) are public registration and private registration. With public registration the only real privacy they owe the customer is to hide the payment information from public scrutiny. Otherwise, the name of the site owner and other such information become part of the web visible registration of the web site.

Private registration, which costs a bit extra per year, puts the site owner information behind a curtain. I rarely pay for that curtain, because the only thing I can think it buys you is to block people from offering to buy your web site.

A hosting service that offers more granular services to customers (i.e. e-mail only service or something similar) might have more use for a privacy policy.

As for other types of agreements, again those will vary based on the service offerings.

- Greg

5. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Greg: What I am looking for would be the contracts, privacy statements, and an SOP to offer to HOST YOUR WEB SITE or NAWCC Chapter, not the End User use. The Web Master for each site would be responsible for the End User agreements.

6. Greg Davis

Nov 29, 2000
    Washington state
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Maybe these are what you're looking for.

Attached Files:

7. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I received this from Doug Wheeler. The Privacy Generator looks interesting, but to buy the SLA Kit is beyond my means,

8. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here are two sample docuents from Doug Wheeler.

Attached Files:

9. Greg Davis

Nov 29, 2000
    Washington state
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The agreements I gleaned from Go Daddy are the ones used by a hosting site (Go Daddy) for web masters (such as myself) trying to create a web site. This would be comparable to the NAWCC providing web hosting services to chapters, so the agreements used by Go Daddy would be useful as templates for the agreements between NAWCC and the chapters that host their domains on the NAWCC service.

The ones you got from Wheeler are more attuned to the sort of agreements that would exist between the chapter and their web site users or the NAWCC and their end users, not between the NAWCC and the chapters hosting their sites on the NAWCC servers.

I guess it's pretty easy to see now why I said it was hard to understand what you were asking for.

- Greg

10. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Greg: That is because the NAWCC does not have a "Business Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Privacy Rules, Copyright Statements or any of the necessary Documents to build an Internet Service. This is the only corporation that I know of that desires a large INTERNET FOOTPRINT that does not have the groundwork developed to do so.

I have POUNDED this pulpit for SEVEN YEARS.

Just for an example: Try to find the existing Privacy Statement that the Moderators sign to operate this MB with.

11. Greg Davis

Nov 29, 2000
    Washington state
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sorry, Sam... I still have no idea what you're trying to accomplish. I'll back away now and let you work with Wheeler.

12. lkjjkl

lkjjkl Registered User

Jul 23, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sam, in the Members area I submitted a new draft bylaws document. In it there is a proposed Operations Library. Would you post a reply to that thread suggesting that the Library include an annual business plan/business objective? Or something along those lines to what you're thinking here? I think it would be good to discuss that topic in a broader scope since it needs annual member-meeting and Board approval.

13. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dean: Your LOGIC escapes me. This is a lesson in futility with zero potential.

14. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A few more documents from Doug.

Attached Files:

15. lkjjkl

lkjjkl Registered User

Jul 23, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Visibility Sam. As simple as that. If we have enough visibility. Something will click at all levels. It's like starting a cow run. If you prod 15 cows in a herd of 50 they start running. But you have to get the first 15 to start running the right direction. I got maybe 3 members. We would need at least 50 looking at this and openly talking to start something real.

16. lkjjkl

lkjjkl Registered User

Jul 23, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sam, your comments would make a 4th voice. And if the chapters would appoint an activist to voice their private opinions that too would greatly increase input!

The problem as I see it is that the membership of the whole--like you have said--just accepts that it's futile. They refuse to even work on it.

I have created a place for people to rally and build momentum. It is up to the membership, like you, to step up now. And to prod each other to keep working on it at least once a week for the rest of this year so that it stays in action.

17. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dean: In Dec, 2007, I was able to step outside of the POLITICS of the NAWCC.

The only area that I am still involved in is the Internet and I am working to even remove myself from that. When I get the loose ends of what I have, "tied up," I will be able to devote my time to FISHING.

18. lkjjkl

lkjjkl Registered User

Jul 23, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    In that case my advice is don't complain or even talk about it. You're just giving it life. Peace be with you.