NAWCC Member badge on posts

Aerolark

NAWCC Member
Mar 8, 2022
Country
I have just recently joined NAWCC after “lurking” for a long time and have started posting to the incredibly useful forums (it’s definitely worth the membership dues!)

However, I noticed some posts have the “NAWCC member” flag under their name.
Mine do not, even though I am a member.

It’s a small thing, but I think that flag gives somewhat more weight to what I’m posting.
Although a “newbie,” I do think that being noted as a member indicates that I take these forums and the NAWCC a little more seriously than a “registered user” - although their input is no less valuable.

It’s a “value-added” sort of thing, but the dues aren’t cheap and a little more recognition for membership would be appreciated.

How is it possible to get the NAWCC member flag under my posts?

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
Hello and congrats on joining the NAWCC! Right now adding the member banner is a manual process that happens about once a month. We are working on an enhancement that will make this automatic.

In the meantime, if you send me your join date and member number by private conversation, I can add your banner.

Aerolark

NAWCC Member
Mar 8, 2022
Country
Hello and congrats on joining the NAWCC! Right now adding the member banner is a manual process that happens about once a month. We are working on an enhancement that will make this automatic.

In the meantime, if you send me your join date and member number by private conversation, I can add your banner.
Thanks, Dave for your very prompt reply.
However, I can’t see a way to post a private conversation.
(I’ve clicked every link and button I could see)

Can you guide me on this, please?

A sidebar question:
There are two login credentials that appear to be necessary for the NAWCC:
One for the website and another for the forums.
Is there any way to unify this into one for the site and forums?

One less set of UIDs and PWDs makes my life a lot easier.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
I can’t see a way to post a private conversation.
Click on Dave's avatar.

The next screen that pops-up you will see a box that states, "Start A Conversation" (which is a private conversation).

Click on "Start a Conversation". At this point, you can provide Dave your information.

Regards.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
One is free to enter the same information (password) for both sites. At the moment, you may only use your email address on the main site as your identifier. After we do the next upgrade you will be able to use either your username or email in either (which will really be only one place, the iMIS system).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leslie
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Watch Inspectors by Kent