NAWCC Master book list

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by hcrotalus, Jun 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. hcrotalus

hcrotalus Registered User

Jun 6, 2018
    Country Flag:
    Is there a master downloadable list that includes all the books/Videos in the NAWCC library? I cant seen to find the link on the web site any longer.

Thanks
    Todd

2. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow Sponsor NAWCC Diamond Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As I recall, the library has over 9,000 books and more videos than I care to count. Why not just look up what you want using the search tool with keywords?

Frank

3. hcrotalus

Jun 6, 2018
    Country Flag:
    You have to know what you want, That it even exists before you can search for it. Title, Artist or even subject. There WAS/IS a list, I know, and yes it was long but at least I could judge a book by it's title that way. ;) I thought that I saved the list but I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Todd

4. John Matthews

John Matthews Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Male
    Retired Systems Architect
    France
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Todd - it was available in February 2016 when I downloaded a copy.

A 36 page pdf ~58MB - which is too large to upload . I tried compressing it but with the tools I have it is still 48MB.

John

5. John Matthews

John Matthews Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Male
    Retired Systems Architect
    France
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I thought it might be interesting to see whether it was possible to generate a list of titles using a wild card '*' in the Library search facility. So I entered * in the search box and hit the Titles icon. After a short pause it returned 26,346 titles with multiple entries for a single document (manuscripts), listing just ten items per page. A bit of a failure.

upload_2020-7-7_17-14-16.png

John

6. hcrotalus

Jun 6, 2018
    Country Flag:
    I tried that too. At 10 items per page...like you said "A bit of a failure". I have also asked James Campbell, the library Supervisor at NWACC, but I have not heard back as of yet.

Todd