NAWCC banner?

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by TJ Cornish, Jul 20, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. TJ Cornish

TJ Cornish Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 12, 2013
    I joined as a NAWCC member yesterday and I seem to have access to members-only areas of the forum (what's this worth...), but the NAWCC member banner is not appearing on my posts. I have selected the "show NAWCC banner" in my profile. Does something need to be done on the back end to make this work?

I seem to have separate usernames and passwords for the forum and the NAWCC are generally if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    I don't think user names and passwords need necessarily be the same. However, it is probably convenient to have the same password to reduce confusion. What is important is that the e-mail addresses correspond. You can sign in to the MB using the NAWCC Log In or using the "guest" sign in (user name/password) to the left. The NAWCC Log In requires your e-mail address, so your MB e-mail address should match what you used for the main site.

I have checked Display Banner in your profile. Let's see if it works. Alas, not. We will probably need HQ to supply other verifying info such as member number, join date, and paid through date. There is always a delay in catching up from one place to another.

3. TJ Cornish

NAWCC Member

Sep 12, 2013
    My email addresses were different; I have now changed my forum profile to match the one I used for NAWCC membership. Will it automatically sort itself out or does it need to be helped?

Thanks!

4. Steven Thornberry

Jan 15, 2004
    Eventually it should sort itself out, but a cross check between MB records and main site member records is needed. I think that Tom McIntyre does that, but he has been tied up with the "new" message board software that will come on line later this Summer or early Fall.

5. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Admins can set your usergroup manually and I did that. For your membership to be updated automatically, the email address you use on the message board must match the email you registered with on the NAWCC main site. The updates normally are done once a month, but I have had a lot on my plate the last couple of months.

6. Steven Thornberry

Jan 15, 2004
    In any event, the banner now shows.

7. TJ Cornish

NAWCC Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Thanks gentlemen. My email address does now match, so hopefully I should be set going forward.