N. Y. Standard Watch Co.

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Jerry Freedman, Apr 24, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Sep 16, 2000
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just received a call from a gentleman seeking help with his electric clock. The dial is marked: New York Standard Watch Co., patented Feb. 28,96. He is no longer able to find batteries for this clock. It runs about two months on two D cells. I have the book on Electric Horology, but it does not mention voltage or number of batteries needed to run the clock. Are the batteries available? Any additional information would be appreciated.

2. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Sep 16, 2000
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just received a call from a gentleman seeking help with his electric clock. The dial is marked: New York Standard Watch Co., patented Feb. 28,96. He is no longer able to find batteries for this clock. It runs about two months on two D cells. I have the book on Electric Horology, but it does not mention voltage or number of batteries needed to run the clock. Are the batteries available? Any additional information would be appreciated.

3. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered User

Oct 6, 2000
    The one I had ran on 3VDC. You can still buy those big dry cells, but they weigh less now. I suggest going to a hobby shop, and buying what are called Hobby Batteries. They have the short, squared lantern battery cases, but screw terminals, and 1 1/2 VDC each. Beter yet, get a 3VDC 300 ma Power supply, and plug it in to the wall.