Mystery Pocket Watch

gfknudsen

Aug 2, 2011
I recently inherited a gold pocket watch that belonged to my grandfather, and no one that I have shown it to in the watchmakers trade have been able to identify the manufacturer or establish the time and place that it was manufactured. The watch has the name "Carzares" on the face and it is also engraved on the inside of the case. The name engraved on the inside of the case is also enclosed within an engraving of a small triangle with a candle burning. Beneath the triangle, the numbers 5, 9, and 8 are also engraved. The watchmakers that I have shown this watch to have stated that the watch has an excellent movement and appears to be very well made. Has anyone got any information that may assist me in establishing the origins of this watch?

Mikrolisk

Feb 16, 2011
Germany
www.mikrolisk.de
Country
Region
The trade mark "Carzares" (often with a candle in a triangle) belongs to Schwab & Loeillet & Co SA / Tempor Watch Co. SA from St.-Imier and Geneva, registered in 1890.

Andreas

gfknudsen

Aug 2, 2011
THANK YOU!!! Do you happen to know what the quality and/or reputation of this manufacturer was, or any other information that might give me some ability to identify the date of manufacture for the watch that I have?

jcmjr

Apr 13, 2008
A picture of the watch and movement may help better. Post a few pics

tomogletree

Jul 30, 2011
Edison, NJ
Country
Region
3 Kittens..funny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members