Mystery Bezels

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by bluetime, Oct 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bluetime

bluetime Registered User

Aug 20, 2019
    Country Flag:
    Can anyone identify these bezels? The one on the right appears to be enamel. Probably a long shot, but hoping someone might know something about them...

IMG-9036.jpg

2. 4thdimension

4thdimension Registered User

Oct 18, 2001
    Country Flag:
    The one on the right likely came from a slyle of case made by several makers in the late 20s and through the 30s. The dial would have been w/o numerals, only minute markings. Elgin and Waltham seem to be the most commonly found but there were also a lot of Swiss ones as well as other U.S. makers. In other words, these bezels are almost generic and it will be difficult to assign one to a specific make.-Cort

bluetime likes this.
  3. Hawk53

Hawk53 Registered User

Dec 19, 2013
    retired
    native Californian
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The one on the right resembles the bezel used on the Westfield (Air King) I believe. 1929decembertheamericanwestfieldairkingtrojancrop-jpg.jpg

bluetime likes this.
  4. bluetime

bluetime Registered User

Aug 20, 2019
    Country Flag:
    Wow! Good sleuthing. The Westfield Air King definitely matches what I have perfectly. I wonder if there is much demand for this part--I have no use for it.

PS I had found this Awoner watch online with a bezel similar to mine, but the details on the numbers just aren't right.

Awoner.png