• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

My wife drank the "clocking" Kool-Aid.

Chris.K

NAWCC Member
Jul 15, 2021
Country
Region
My wife was on vacation and bought a clock "for me" that she said she really likes for the second time this year. I know the clock is not old and made in Korea but it is mechanical and it does keep extremely good time. I have a 1913 Junhans bracket clock that is set to under a minute deviation over a months time and this clock so far is as good if not a better time keeper, And it's cute.. Chris.

20220616_220137.jpg

Keith Doster

Mar 31, 2011
Chester SC
Country
Region
My wife was on vacation and bought a clock "for me" that she said she really likes for the second time this year. I know the clock is not old and made in Korea but it is mechanical and it does keep extremely good time. I have a 1913 Junhans bracket clock that is set to under a minute deviation over a months time and this clock so far is as good if not a better time keeper, And it's cute.. Chris.

View attachment 713590
You might want to give your wife a list (illustrated) of clocks she can be on the lookout for! She's a keeper!! ;)

demoman3955

Apr 9, 2022
Country
my wife is coming around too. shes started pointing out clocks, some that she likes and some she thinks ill like. Only took 40 years. lol

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
My wife is an artist and tends to go for things that are a little off the beaten path. She spotted this little Slava alarm clock and had to have it, so I bought it for her and gave it a complete overhaul. It's a cute little number and keeps excellent time. Surprisingly, it has a very nice 11-jewel movement and is built more like a big watch than a small clock.

I bring home another clock and she goes out and buys a big honking electric kiln so she can do fused glass and ceramics. Then, of course, I get to install it and wire it up for her.

We indulge each other's interests and it keeps the zing in our relationship. I am truly blessed.

Slava alarm clock.jpg

demoman3955

Apr 9, 2022
Country
My wife is an artist and tends to go for things that are a little off the beaten path. She spotted this little Slava alarm clock and had to have it, so I bought it for her and gave it a complete overhaul. It's a cute little number and keeps excellent time. Surprisingly, it has a very nice 11-jewel movement and is built more like a big watch than a small clock.

I bring home another clock and she goes out and buys a big honking electric kiln so she can do fused glass and ceramics. Then, of course, I get to install it and wire it up for her.

We indulge each other's interests and it keeps the zing in our relationship. I am truly blessed.

View attachment 713991
I went the kiln route too, but she did casting porcelain and firing for making dolls. Everything is a trade off, and i not only have clocks, but a few old cars as well as antique lighting. We both buy and sell antiques too, and our house is full of them, but its a 1920 house so they look right. I also fixed and installed a 56 GE pink stove. lol

Reactions: Schatznut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabberwalky
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent