This isn't really a tower clock, but it is my own public clock, which hangs in the front window of my apartment. I had originally made it using one of those "high torque quartz movements" and my original pattern was not too great. The numerals were thin, as were the hands that came with the movement. Still, I left it this was for a few years until just the other day, when I decided to both replace the hands, and completely repaint the dial. The following photos show the results. This is what it used to look like (version 1): It wasn't too bad, but it was not easy to see from a distance. Here is the newly painted design, with much larger numerals, and beefier hands. The hands were very quickly fashioned from metal flashing (I used scissors to cut them out). I used washers (glued to the backs) to balance the hands. I decided not to include minute marks this time. The dial is 24" and the numerals are all 1/2" wide. All that's left to do will be to varnish the dial, then attach some new mounting hardware to it (better hangers).