• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

$ my second Kaiser

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
bought this some weeks ago but didn´t want to show until I had it running. Gave me a good deal of trouble,especially the motion work.
Enjoy!
Burkhard

008.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

Reactions: etmb61 and Wayne A

tracerjack

NAWCC Member
Jun 6, 2016
Lodi, CA
Country
Region
Although I know they are exceptionally well made clocks, I have not been a fan of the Kaiser (just my personal taste) - until this one. Love the dial and the proportions. Lovely addition to your collection.

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
Thanks for Your comment , tracerjack! The quality of the mvmt. is not as high as expected if You consider the verdict of Terwilliger these being the best of all . Wheels and pinions are pretty standard,and most of the pre-WWII mvmts. are better finished than this one , not to mention the Grivolas ; but this design is verry elegant , especially the mvmt.-support which we call in German "Nierentisch" . There is an article about "Nierentisch-Design" in the early 50ies in Germany on Wikipedia but I´m not sure wether it is translated to English/American. It´s "my period" , so I like it pretty much!
Burkhard

whatgoesaround

Jan 22, 2008
south carolina
Country
Region
I believe John Hubby had your version as the hardest to find with the dots as markers, so extra congratulations on that. I find the movements to have "refinements" that really are unnecessary and just make it harder to work on. I have the slightly more common version with the beads on "sticks" for the markers.

Dells

NAWCC Member
Oct 18, 2019
In the cotswolds UK
Country
Region
That is a really nice clock Burkhard very unusual.