My Newest Finds

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region
I went to an estate sale the other day and came home with these. 1) is a Seth Thomas wood works, 2) is a John Hunt wood works, 3) is a Jerome & Co and 4) is a Terry and Andrews 30 hr. I really felt bad that someone's prized collection went for next to nothing. I got all 4 for $150.00. All have the original labels and except for the Jerome are in very good condition

Attachments

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region
My newest Finds contd:

I decided to post the remaining pictures of my newest finds in separate post. 1st 3 are Seth Thomas, the next 3 are John Hunt, next 2 are Jerome and the final 3 are Terry & Andrews.

Attachments

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: My newest Finds contd:

Nice finds, Jim. I've been trying to keep away from auctions like that one,as I am running out of room for more clocks, and I can't let a bargain get away:cuckoo:.
I've merged your two posts into one thread for consistancy.

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region

Thanks Harold. It was actually an estate sale, if it had been an auction, I'm sure they would've went for more.

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Looks like both of the wooden works clocks have had their strike train gutted. Too bad, but you may be able to find the needed parts to bring them back to life.

Peter A. Nunes

Staff member
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2006
Rhode Island
www.cogcounters.org
Country
Region

It's interesting to see a Riley Whiting type movement in a John Hunt ogee- are there any extra holes in the uprights for movement mounting pins?

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region

I really didn't get a chance to go over these when I got them home. I escaped ( ;) )from babysitting my Grandkids for a while and had only enough time to snap the pics. After the little darlings go home, I'll give these a good going over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ken B
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller