my newest acquisition

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by mdloggins, Apr 22, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mdloggins

mdloggins Registered User

May 16, 2005
    nice 12s Illinis Illini 23 jewel with 14k case and radium dial.

Attached Files:

2. Jerry Treiman

Jerry Treiman Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Geologist - California Geological Survey
    Los Angeles, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    So that is where it went. It is a wonderful and scarce watch. I was thinking about bidding on this one but the auction got cancelled. It is always frustrating when an item is offered for auction and then that offer is taken away. The seller usually loses out, too.

3. mdloggins

mdloggins Registered User

May 16, 2005
    Thanks for your kind comments I think. The auction ran for about 5 days with only one bidder, me. By the way, I didn't realize sniping was intended to serve the seller but must be my mistake. Good luck in the future.

4. GeneJockey

GeneJockey Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Scientist
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Wow, that IS a nice watch! I'm becoming a big fan of the smaller high-grade watches of that era! So much art and craftsmanship went into them that is underappreciated nowadays.

I don't know that sniping is intended to serve the seller, but it often does, if he lets it run. The last week I've lost 3 or 4 auctions where the item languished with a handful of bids until a very exciting last few seconds when it flew past my irresponsibly high bid. Sometimes you think you're going to get a bargain because nobody else sees what you see, but usually they do!