My grandfather's collection

Discussion in 'Lost or Stolen Horological Items' started by dannyphillips, Apr 30, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. dannyphillips

dannyphillips New Member

Apr 30, 2015
    My grandfather, Rodney Graves II, was a watch and clock repairman serving the eastern shore of Maryland for decades out of his shop in Salisbury. Unfortunately he passed in August 2014, leaving behind his treasured collection of clocks and timepieces. Around the 24th of April 2015 a portion of his collection was taken from his old workshop and home. Our family is desperate for help in finding these missing objects as they are a representation of his life's work and passion.

Our only hope is that his mark which should be on every piece will be noticed and someone will alert either our family or the police. This mark consists of a 21, a triangle, then the letters DW, I have attached a photo to this thread for comparrison.

Missing pieces include several maritime clocks, ship clocks with black finish and brass, pocket watches, collectable railroad watches, and diamond lady watches. The most stand out, unique item taken was a Russian Submarine clock.

If anyone happen to come across his mark please contact me through this thread or at my email address: danny.phillips.torso@gmail.com THANK YOU so much for your time and help.

Attached Files:

2. dannyphillips

dannyphillips New Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Edit: sorry my computer autocorrected. The mark is actually 21 triangle BW.

3. kevin h

kevin h Registered User

Apr 9, 2015
    Danny , sorry for your loss , I live in Cambridge and work in Salisbury , did you have a list ? I hit most pawn shops and would be happy to keep an eye out for you . Also did you contact them and the other clock shop at the fruitland salisbury line ,he does buy clocks and jewelry.

4. dannyphillips

dannyphillips New Member

Apr 30, 2015
    We did talk with the clock shop they were actually good friends of his before he passed. And the whole family is combing antique shops and flea markets. The best I can do list wise is what I've posted. I know the russian submarine clock and the railroad pocket watches should stand out as they're really collectible. And his mark should identify them from there. I wish I could do better. Thank you so much for keeping an eye out.