My Georgian Dubliners

Greg Burton

NAWCC Member
Jan 29, 2018
Country
Region
In part due to my native Irish and Anglo Irish ancestry, I have focused my collection on Irish watches. These four are all from Georgian era Dublin watchmakers. The upper left is a verge by Willam Barrows, London hallmarks for 1805. Lower left is a rack lever by Curran, Dublin hallmarks for 1814. Upper right is a early detached leaver by Gordon and Fletcher, Dublin hallmarks for 1822. Lower left is an open face cased watch by Scott and Son. On its dial it boasts an improved detached escarpment with the first and last words abbreviated. Dublin hallmarks for1824. I am indebted to John Matthew’s for his thread dated 12 December,2019. In that thread he featured a strikingly similar watch by the same makers dated just a year earlier. Based on his thread there is every reason to suspect this watch also boasts a Massey II.

The downside of being fascinated with 19th century English horology is finding dependable resources to,oil,amd service my fusee watches. I do have an excellent local resource for my Regency era clocks. If anyone reading this thread has any resources for servicing watches of this
erod, please let me know. Greg Burton, Delaware E09BD5A6-695B-44D8-B18C-DC39C4303FBB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mabailey
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre