Eureka My first Eureka

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Lamela, Jan 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lamela

Lamela New Member

Jan 20, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello,
    I have got an Eureka clock, S/N 9953. If you have in your Data Base any information about this clock, I would be very thankful. The estimated date of production will be very interesting for me.
    The clock is missing its dome. I am planning to make the new one, according to any historical sources. If you have any, it will be a great help to me. Has it to be a glass only, with a rectangular bottom, or metal cage with glass windows ?
    The clock is in working condition, however I think it needs some adjustments. It operates from 3V with amplitude of approx 360 deg, I am planning to change it to 1,5V. Now the balance wheel has a axial clearance over 1mm - it is normal or have I to reduce it ?
    I am adding some photos, any other I can add any time.
    Eureka1.jpg Eureka2.jpg
    Jerzy

2. Terry Gray

Terry Gray Registered User

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    Retired
    Rye East Sussex United Kingdom
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi there is no real record of dates when these clock were made, i believe there is some confusion as numbers don't seem to corispond, so I doubt you will get a date of manufacture,