• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

My Bulova Dalton has arrived and is up and bonging!!!

HorologyBuff

Nov 7, 2021
Country
Bulova Dalton Chiming Pendulum Table Clock - Walnut Finish - Gold-Tone Accents

Dimensions: H: 9.5 W: 6.25 D: 3.75

THE GOOD

1. cute
2. small
3. light-weight
4. low priced
5. three melodies: Westminster, Ave Maria, Bim Bam
6. pretty church bell tone
7. volume control
8. uses AA batteries which I have a charger for

THE SO-SO (nothing really bad)

1. can hang on wall but I had to drill a small hole in the top of the back panel to put a small piece of wire through to hold the panel securely in place for wall hanging using the big hole in back of the panel that slides upward and back to remove
2. slots in face ring nut uneven, canted at an angle
3. hourly chimes only, no quarter chimes
4. pendulum hangs sloping rearward as if facing downward toward the front, bob disk not in perfect vertical plane
5. chimes begin at one minute before the hour and not on the hour
6. instructions rather verbose
7. but what the devil, this little charm retailed for under $70 with shipping from amazon

Hopefully, this proves to be an accurate and long-lived chiming battery clock.

Bulova Table Clock (6).jpg Bulova Table Clock (7).jpg Bulova Table Clock (1).jpg Bulova Table Clock (3).jpg Bulova Table Clock (4).jpg Bulova Table Clock (2).jpg Bulova Table Clock (3).jpg

Last edited:

HorologyBuff

Nov 7, 2021
Country
Without solid-state electronics, I don't think that church bell sound would even be possible with purely mechanical works in a clock that small. I think spiral gongs can produce as close to a church bell/clock tower sound as possible, mechanically speaking, in the smallest clock possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavlin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller