My attachments

praezis

Feb 11, 2008
Germany
Country
Region
Hello,

in the previous forum design there used to be a collection of my attachment and pictures. Is it gone?

Frank

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
The facility we had on vBulletin was not portable to our new XenForo system. It is likely that it will return with the next version of this software. We are currently finishing up our installation of V2.1 and mirroring attachments into the gallery is in V2.2.

We have a visual catalog of the attachments in the administrative area of the site. You have a total of 125 attachments there.

Your oldest one from 2009 is in a thread on Eureka clocks https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/eureka-repairs.50577/#post-375091.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
View attachment 615136
View attachment 615138
This is an insertion of old attachments in this post as a try out.

Apparently it only inserts the thumbnail from the attachment. I will play with it some more as I have time. There may be other options.

The feature is shown as the paperclip tool in the toolbar. I believe it is safe to use although it may be rather less than you wanted.

Last edited:

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
It was set to load 10 images on each page when scanning the attachments. I changed that to 50.

You may also just browse your attachments by clicking on your avatar and selecting attachments. It is probably a more useful interface for the question you originally asked.

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Not to try to highjack the thread, but thought I would share my findings related to my attachments. I had never really looked at my attachments, so gave it a try after reading the earlier posts. I discovered that where I quoted or responded to a post, any attachments posted by the original poster in the post that I quoted or responded to also show up in my attachments. I guess that could be helpful, but I will be aware going forward that this happens.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
It shows up because it appears in a post you created. The attachments are reused not duplicated.

If you have an example of one that showed up when you only replied in the thread containing it, please post a link so I can investigate it.

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
The new Reply to Thread function copies the entire post to which I hit Reply to Thread - both text and images. Maybe I just need to copy the verbiage to which I'm replying and use the Quote function instead. Not really an issue, but I just found it interesting that the attachments showed up in my list of attachments..

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
If you just start typing in the reply box at the bottom of the thread page, it will not quote anything. If you want to reference something in the text that you are replying to then the select action will pop up the quote function for that material.

They are trying to make the design easier to use, but they often do not anticipate what we expect it to do. :)

Reactions: PatH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pfeifley
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller