MVMT watches

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by richiec, Dec 19, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Has anyone had any dealings with this company which, according to recent reports, will make around 60 million this year selling Chinese watches. What kind of movements do they use, are they really worth a couple of hundred bucks each? they apparently provide a 24 month warranty. Are the watches any good?

2. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 27, 2000
    Give us your assessment of Chinese watches, generally. $60,000.00 profits projected? Anything is possible if you sell enough Chinese watches at $200.00 a pop! A 24 month warranty? What happens after 24 months when you find nobody will service it?

3. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Doug, I was wondering if anyone had purchased a product from these guys yet? Apparently they saw companies selling these watches for a lot more, so they went right to the source, bought cheap and sell mail order or wholesale, no middle man. Of course how long can this keep up when people find out that the $200 dollar watch they bought is only worth $10 except it has a designer dial and case.

4. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    richiec,
    When I googled the company and watched their video the watches sell for $90-125. They use standard Japan quartz movement with a sweep second feature. Everything looks reasonable to me.

5. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    So, I guess they put the right price on the watch with just the right amount of bling to keep the public happy. The ones I looked at looked nice, no excess glitz to distract you and looks like you can wear them with anything. I guess they got the right product at the right time. Good for them.