Munchen: Spielerker am neuen Rathaus.

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by kirxklox, Jun 17, 2007.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have no information on this Masterpiece other than the Title. Any help would be appreciated.
    69.jpg

Attached Files:

2. W.R. WoodWorking

W.R. WoodWorking Registered User

Jul 6, 2005
    Diesel Mechanic
    Reform,Alabama
    here is a little more detailed pictures of that Munich tower clock. Awsome clock indeed

Attached Files:

3. kirxklox

kirxklox Registered User
    Deceased

Dec 17, 2002
    Dardanell, AR
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Looks to be a little COLD when those pictures were taken?

Do you have the description of the lower part of the Clock Tower?

4. W.R. WoodWorking

Jul 6, 2005
    Diesel Mechanic
    Reform,Alabama
    Yes. This is called marienplatz. OR St. Mary's Square. The square was originally known as Schrannen but it was renamed Marienplatz (St. Mary's Square) as a way to ask Virgin Mary to protect the town from a cholera epidemic. It was the center for everything in the town. .WR:thumb:

5. W.R. WoodWorking

Jul 6, 2005
    Diesel Mechanic
    Reform,Alabama
    well I ended my post a little soon, I was going to put in what I know(which is very little) about the clock itself. and building that is in the picture.
    New Town Hall
    The square is dominated by the New Town Hall (Neues Rathaus). The monumental, 79 meters (259ft) high town hall was built between 1867 and 1909 by Georg Joseph Hauberrisser in Flemish Gothic style to alleviate the overcrowded Altes Rathaus nearby.
    The antimated part of the tower is called Carillon
    At 11, 12 and 17 o'clock each day, visitors can watch the famous Glockenspiel or carillon. The figures perform the Schläffertanz or coopers dance. which was origanlly performed in 1517 AD at the Mareinplatz to commemorate the end of the Plaque.