Mumford's Eureka Clock Controller

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Ed P, Jun 7, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ed P

Ed P Registered User

Aug 6, 2004
    Some time ago Brian sold a controller that would allow Eureka clocks to keep accurate time. It had a quartz module on the circuit board. Unfortunately he no longer makes this so I'm wondering if anyone out there might have one that they would be interested in selling. This is not his variable voltage circuit board.
    I've got my Eureka clock running and would really like it to tell the right time!

Thanks,
    Ed P

2. jkfabulos

jkfabulos Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 21, 2001
    Can't help you with Mumford's controller but you could contact Ken at http://www.kensclockclinic.com/ for a possible solution.
    I am not associated with this company and provide the contact info for your information only.

3. praezis

praezis Registered User

Feb 11, 2008
    Germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Ed,

I developed and distribute a controller for electric clocks that seems - after I read Brian's site - to do the same as his governor. However I did not test it with an Eureka yet and don't know if an Eureka's error exceeds the allowed limits.
    A pdf is attached for your information.

Frank

Attached Files:

4. Snapper

Snapper Registered User

Nov 30, 2014
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Hi Brian,
    That is an interesting bit of kit. Will it operate with the balance wheel possessed by Eureka clocks or is it pendulum only?

5. praezis

praezis Registered User

Feb 11, 2008
    Germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If you adressed me (Frank):
    for the module it does not matter if there is a pendulum or a (slow) balance that operates the contact.

Regards,
    Frank

6. Snapper

Snapper Registered User

Nov 30, 2014
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Sincere apologies for the name confusion, I had a long and stressful day yesterday. I'll PM you when I have a minute to breathe!